View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #8
gwoodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTP
I had my car serviced at GT Performance in Edgewood and I'm very pleased with their service, price, and quality of work. Gennady is a really cool guy with good demeanor. When I have the cash for it, I will have them install the IMS retrofit if I have it done locally. GT is also listed in Charles Navarro's list of approved installers.

Ideally I will ship it to Jake to have the IMS done along with other mods he recommends. Like I said before, when I have the cash. I'm hoping the odds are in my favor til then.

Regardless of the new bearing's unproven reliability in the "real world", it is made of higher quality materials, has better access to lubrication, and is backed by Jake's outstanding reputation-both in the M96 and Type IV engines.

Yeah, ideally I would love to send my car down to Jake as well, but with it being my daily driver it might be kind of hard.

I have actually been in touch with Sloan at SSI Performance in Parkville/Towson. He is also on the list of recommended installers so I will probably take it to him. Edgewood is just a little too far from Owings Mills for me to justify the drive. Hell, with as bad as my clutch is slipping, I don't think ill make it!