View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
gwoodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycarreon
A lot of the labor cost for an IMS bearing replacement is getting to the bearing - why pay for the labor twice?
Hey Tony, thank you for the quick response.

I am well aware of the effort that it takes to get to the bearing and remove it and I do not want to have to do it twice. That is part of the reason I am asking about how many miles people have on theirs. To get an idea of the real world longevity of the piece. If a bunch of people, for example, have 60k+ miles on it with no issues, then it sounds a lot more reasonable to pay the extra money for the higher end bearing as opposed to say 10k miles with no issues. Does that make sense? Some say that it is an unproven design and some say that I would be crazy not to do it. I got over 71000 miles on the stock bearing (which for all I know is still good) so I would hope that paying 30+ times the price for a higher end bearing would yield much greater mileage. So would like to know how far people have actually driven with the retrofit to help prove the concept to myself and a lot of other people that it is worth it to pay the extra money.

Also, I notice you are in Maryland. If you had one put in, where did you have it installed?