View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
gwoodburn

How many miles are on your IMS Retrofit?

So now at just over 71000 mi on my 2003 Boxster S, the clutch is slipping pretty bad and it is time for me to replace it. While everything is taken apart, I am installing a new clutch kit, flywheel, RMS and I am seriously considering doing LN Engineering's IMS retrofit. The car is my daily driver and I plan on keeping it for a very long time. I have read a lot on the subject of IMS failures and the new retrofit kit and how it is a very good idea to get it done while replacing the clutch, but have not come across a whole lot about how many miles people have racked up so far after doing the procedure. I know that the ceramic hybrid bearing is of an extremely high quality and is supposed to last much longer than a standard steel bearing, but it is a relatively new procedure (about 2-3 years old now, I think) so I can't imagine there are a lot of boxsters with a ton of miles on the retrofit.

So for those of you that have made the plunge and had the procedure done, how many miles have you driven since the install?

Should I just bite the bullet and pay the extra money to have one installed?

Thanks!

Last edited by gwoodburn; 07-20-2010 at 04:43 PM.
gwoodburn is offline   Reply With Quote