View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #15
23109VC

my sound is more of a "chirp" than a squeek.

it warmed up here recently and the sounds totally stopped.

i took the car out the other night and it was cold out - and I heard it a couple times. so I'm thinking it may be something temperature related???

where I live right now it's in teh 80-90s at day, but cools up to 60s at night... so big temp diff oin the evening... I mostly noticed the sound in cooler weather.. it's still very quiet.. but you heqr this chirp at very slow speed when I pull away and give it power.

Assuming this IS the loose spark plug problem - can I reach them all from the top of the car or do some need to be accessed from the bottom and can I do it with a standard spark plug socket or is there a special porsche tool for this?

I"ve taken the engine access panel off - that's no problem. I have repalced spark plugs plenty of times on OTHER cars...never did it on the boxster and honestgly don't even know if every single spark plug is easy to access..

before I go pull the cover off and try to tighten them all - i thought i'd ask here - is it relatively easy to get to all of them? i'm off of work this week so I've got time to look into it and try to fix it myself...

i'm also thinkign of tackling my window regularor...the driver's side is going bad...
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote