View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #13
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
L-B,

Me thinks the Flave-o thinks you might be pounding your own back a bit hard.
Well, that was certainly not my intention at all. If my post offended Flavoer or anyone, sorry. I don't think there enough bandwidth to list all the people I know personally who are better on a track then I am. At autoX I'm sometimes in the top 10, but seldom in the top 5. I enjoy it, but not fanatically. My skillset is just average.

Quote:
I think you're giving us a good perspective from a better than average experience level, but then I have more than average high performance experience, also.
Well, thanks, but I'm just an avg. guy and telling you what I came away with. Maybe some haven't been around as long and experienced the older generations of non-electronic cars as I, and many others here have. I can see where that would give you a different perspective.

Quote:
The red monster looks as nice as Randy said it is!

Now if you could just put that engine in the middle, where it belongs........
Thanks. We're really enjoying it. I picked it up 6/16/10 w/ 20,300 in the clock and it's at 24,250 now (incl. the 1,800 it took to bring it home). I licensed it as a collector here and will have the plate: A90 964.

I wish I could find a way to cram that engine in the Boxster. The sound is intoxicating and it has gobs of torque. I've owned several mid-engine cars and I know they're superior for handling, no doubt. The chassis is fairly rigid, but vs the Boxster, it's no contest. I must say though, the build quality is better than the Boxster, but not by a large margin. Porsche was still mostly hand-building the 964 vs the production line Boxster and it shows. Still, IMHO, the build quality of the Boxster is excellent, it's just that the 964 seems a slight bit better.

Cheers!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote