View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #33
hannah10

Electrical faults resulting in fire

I'm not sure if this is relevant to this discussion but i was wondering if anyone could give me any help or information regarding technical faults?

My parents bought a Porsche Boxter from new 6 years ago and it has been our pride and joy, we kept it in immaculate condition and it only had done 11,000 miles however last week an electrical fault on the car caused it to ignite burning down our garage and half of our house with it and also destroying our other vehicle. We have no house insurance and have lost thousands but when we contacted the insurance company about this they said they don't pay out for electrical faults unless the car has full service history and is still in warranty which ours unfortunately was not. We will now not be paid out for the porsche and cannot claim for the damages it has caused to our house however we believe this should not have happened to the car and was not our fault, surely no matter how old a car is it should not set itself on fire?

If anyone has heard of any similar stories regarding Porsche engines causing fires or can give us any advice or information I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks
hannah10 is offline   Reply With Quote