Thread: 2001 Boxster S
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
jcb986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001boxsters
I'm having an issue with rear end grinding noise coming from the driver's side rear driver side wheel. It's a very low pitched grinding sound when your coasting at 20-30 mph. When I drove by a large concrete wall it reverberated quite loudly. You can hear it better driving with hte door open. I also had a friend open the passenger side door when I was drivign and the sound is not there.

background: I just bought this 2001 Boxster S with 56k on it. Brand new brakes, just had all the boots done last week including the driver side wheel bearing.

I brought it back to the indy who did it (they specialize in porsche racing) and he said he never heard the sound on a boxster before, he did test drive it. He wants me to bring it back in so he can tear it down. After 1700 for the boots, 4 wheel alignment, wheel bearing, brake flush, and 60k maintenance i'm afraid he is going to come back with something new. Maybe he messed the job up by accident and wants a chance to fix it and charge me?

Does the IMS/RMS problems affect the Boxster S's?

If you just had it fixed and had very low miles on the repair...say 50...I would bet he created the problem. Tell him how you feel about the issue...he wants your business and should address your concerns. It was not there before they did the repair, so, what can you do to make me happy.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote