View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #11
PlayersExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown2009
not inferring anything, just reiterating what you said... if someone sponsors you ... they pay your tab, you didn't mention it was a partial sponsorship you just said sponsorship period. Seriously though... how do you have the money to install a 3k+ stereo and not have money to fix your alarm ? Maybe you weren't holding up your end of the sponsorship bargain and the shop owners got pissed and took back their equipment and decided to send a message along with it.
That in itself is just absurd and plain ignorant. Even if a company only gives you a dollar towards the total of whatever, they are sponsoring you. It is a broad term that many people assume that sponsorship= full. Think NASCAR, a car might have 50 sponsors and one of those might only contribute less than 1% of the cost of operation for an entire season. Yet the company is still "sponsoring" the car or team. Likewise, the system was installed on the 18th, the car was vandalized on the night of the 31st which was the 1st of June technically. The car wasn't due to go to any even until the first week of June. On that same note, the shop itself is reputable, been around over 15 years, holds a world record for the loudest system in a corvette, and guess what... they just placed 2nd at the national sound competition in Daytona this spring in the convertible class with none other than a Boxster, which in turn placed 5th overall if I remember correctly.

Also going back to the alarm, we were going over the manual and figured out the the alarm wasn't broke, I'm not sure I ever claimed it to be, just that it never went off. The previous owner had the alarm set to passive/off where only a big movement of the car would only set off the flashers, no audible alarm. Yet when a top is cut open and the door handle used to unlock the car, the car in all sense just thought someone was sitting in the car and unlocked it (inference). But hey, it is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

On that note, affording the 3k. Hmmmm, I do trade the market as an amateur trader. Recently, I had made some money and was either going to drop a new motor (996) in the car or go in for half on a Harley with my mother until 3 of my speakers blew. I enjoy my music and the decision was easy. Not that I need to justify myself to you, I just feel like it. It amuses me to oblige people who question me.

Seriously dude, you honestly need to stop assuming and tossing out wild theories. It is neither appropriate for the situation nor helpful to my questions and topic at hand.

Thanks,

Adam

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile..._4015248_n.jpg

Last edited by PlayersExpress; 07-08-2010 at 12:55 AM.
PlayersExpress is offline   Reply With Quote