View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
roadracer311

The perfect encounter... "new" sports car meets: the ex girlfriend

Had to share this with you guys, even though I was driving the F-Car at the time. The Boxster played a role too.

Background: I was with this girl for 4.5 years. Lived together for 1.5 years. She always made me feel as if I wasn't quite good enough for her. I eventually left her.

Yesterday I was heading out of town, top down, in my red F355 Spider, when I see a very attractive girl on a bicycle ahead of me. As I pass, I realize it's my ex, whom I haven't seen in 2.5 years. I coast to a stop and wait for her to catch up, and then as she pulled up along side the car, I said hello.

The entire conversation consisted of:
Me: "Hi Jxxxxx"
Her: "Hi Paul. So, you drive a Ferrari now?"
Me: "Yes I do"
Her: "What about the Boxster?" (when we were together I drove a faded 1989 RX-7 )
Me (pointing back towards my place): "Still have it. It's at home in the garage"
Her: "Good for you. Nice to see you." (uncomfortable and ready for the conversation to end)
Me (with a smile and a wave): Happy 4th of July! (and I motored away calmly)

I love that the last memory she will have of me, for a good long time, is me motoring away in the F355. We didn't end on bad terms, but I'm still a little bitter that she got to keep our amazing apartment.

Anyone else have good bump-into stories?
roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote