View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
Dave S.

Fixed for now - Adjusted window regulator cables - Window drop

That is exactly what my problem appears to be, the cables need to be adjusted and there is no adjustment. I can't understand how Porshe could design such a POS with no adjustment.

I refuse to spend $200 when I can get the same result for less than 5 cents. I ended making my own adjusters for the cables. It's a little ghetto, but it got the job done. I realized I had to pull the outer sleeve back to tension the cables, just the way the bicycle cable and the throttle cable on my other car are adjusted. I ended up pulling the outer sleeve back from where it attaches to the regulator and putting a wire tie around the collar as a spacer. I did this in a couple of places and while the window still has too much play, it tightened things up enough that it now drops the proper amount and doesn't interfere with the top when you open the door. It was way cheaper and easier than replacing the regulator.
I am very disappointed in the design and I'll find a better fix for this in the future, but for now I have the door back together and it's working again.

Last edited by Dave S.; 07-02-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote