Thread: HID conversion
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #6
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster_s_boy_34
The biggest thing that I have read about HID kits is that if it doesn't come with a new housing then it isn't true HID. From what I understand with the way the bulbs are with the HID lights you need a housing that will reflect the light properly and just throw it out like halogens do. If all you buy is a simple bulb and balast kit, you should rethink your ink and look into a true HID kit. Also, the other really cool thing that I have read about the Litronics is that they calculate the angle of the car while you are driving with accelerometers to better keep the beam on the road (under hard acceleration for instance).
Factory lits use simple mechanical angle sensors mounted on the suspension to keep the projectors level with the road while going over uneven surfaces in order to prevent blinding other drivers (required by law in some countries); no "calculation", simple geometry. Lits installed post delivery do not have this feature and it cannot be retrofitted; but post delivery lits do use the motorized projectors to swing the low beams up and fill in the high beams, which significantly lights up a dark road...............