View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
mikefocke

I've owned a '99 and an '01S

and driven several others and for normal driving there isn't that much difference in a fairly fresh and well maintained car.

But put some old tires on that weren't appropriate, many miles on the suspension and needing maintenance (and if those are the things that are known wrong, what are the unknown things that have been ignored?) and you aren't going to get impressed.

There are a fair number of Boxsters out there that have been bought by people who can't afford to maintain them or don't know how to.

http://sites.google.com/site/mikefocke2/modelyeardifferences has a list of model year to model year differences.

Would I prefer an '03? Yes, because of the improvements to the practical things, not for any performance or HP increases. (Where am I gonna use 60 extra HP?) Pay a lot extra...not me but then I drive an '01S when I could afford the newest. Your choice.

Find some samples of well maintained cars and compare. There are thousands for sale right now. (Cars.com had 960 last I looked so there gotta be lots more even than that out there).
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote