View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
Cartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOfZero
When I had a small business, I looked into custom wraps for my Honda Element.
I talked with FastSigns.com in San Jose, CA. They quoted approximately $5,000 for a full car custom designed wrap. Even the windows could be wrapped.

Mark
I am not surprised seeing that a shop in Dallas, Texas vaguely quoted me they charge between $2,500-$5,000 for vinyl wraps, and matte finishes are on the lower end of the spectrum.

Quote:
Those chrome wraps are pretty cool. I think a Boxster would look great in one.
Maybe with some gunmetal color wheels
I could not agree more. As much as I would want to pull off a job to that degree, I feel that it would be better reserved for when I pull a trigger on a 997 in 2012. Thank you for the input!

Quote:
Here's a nice link:

Or maybe the chrome look ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoTDfYJlJqk
Monobonic's vehicle is absolutely stunning! White holds my heart due to the fact my first Porsche was a 1999 2.5L in Glacier White that I miss dearly.

Quote:
Apparently, there is a whole site dedicated to pics of Matte cars: http://www.mattecars.com/

Looks to be some wraps on there, too.

Matte is generally not my cup of tea, but that silver cayman looks very nice.
I had stumbled over the website yesterday afternoon. There are a few wild cards in there alongside a handful of vehicles that were tastefully modified. Unfortunately, it appears the website/blog has not been updated since 2008.
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote