Thread: Pca
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
kabel

bermuditis,

Welcome!

I've been a member of the Citrus Region PCA for about three years now. Fantastic bunch of people.

While not the most active PCA region in the country, there seems to be at least one social event each month in addition to the monthly club meeting (usually the first monday of the month at Porsche of Orlando).

I tend to participate in the autocross and track related events more than anything else with the PCA. But then I belong to multiple car clubs which keeps me quite active, and unfortunately I can't do everything!

jcb, not much "tech talk" happens at the monthly meeting. It is a chance to do a bit of socializing, review the state of the club, and discuss any past and upcoming events. It is short and sweet and iirc they still head out for dinner someplace following the meeting.

Other benefits to a PCA membership include discounts at most local independent mechanics as well as the dealer. My membership paid for itself in the first year with the discounts I took advantage of. It will also get you into the PCA car corals at the big races like the 24 hours at Daytona and the 12 hours of Sebring.

I hope to meet you at a local PCA event in the near future,

kabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
It's the people*... who have a common bond thru cars.

* as w/ any group though, there's usually a few assh0les too. For the most part they only come to a few events and then disappear
Hahah, very true!

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote