View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
Cloudsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut2u
I asked the guy a few questions and here is his reply:

Hey Mike,
I did not do the motor swap, the previous owner did. But I did see one GT3 motor overheat. Coolant was everywhere and he later told me the block cracked. When I bought the car he had put in the 3.4 and said it was more safer to use on the street.
Exterior needs body work. The rear fender has been chewed up by my dog (dog was then given away). It has little scratches all over. It really needs a repaint. The side air vents need to be replaced (chewed). One headlight is missing this plastic piece which I just noticed.

Interior: Passenger door window stopped rolling down. Passenger floor there is cover for the crossover that needs to be glued down.

Mechanical: Car has check engine light due to engine swap. I think a brake line is damaged (but car seems to stop fine) I am not sure. Car does not have e-brake due to transmission swap. (that’s what previous owner said). Car is air cooled so need fans on front radiator (or car can overheat but if driven its fine). The A/C was removed and the motor for the convertible due to weight by previous owner. Im sure those things can be reinstalled again if needed.

Audio: Audio stopped working. Not sure why but maybe is fuse. I have no idea. I had the covers sent out to get fiberglassed but shop closed so needs new covers and rear needs to get fiberglassed. The made a small encloser for 1 sub and did not finish for second sub. It’s not complete.

As for pics when I look under the convertable top I just see the engine cover. Not much space to see anything else. Also car is very low so I cant see the underside. I can take pics whatever I can see if you like. Let me know.
"More safer" huh. This guy is a complete moron who clearly knows nothing about this car, nor automotive technology in general. Last I knew air cooled cars didn't have radiators (not that this thing is air cooled in the first place). I'm sure the guy who allegedly did all this work to the car is an idiot as well.

I'd give him $3k for the car to part it out.