View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
Cartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
The 987/997 type knob itself would fit onto your shifter shaft, but the boot trim would not since it is a different shape. Therefore, you would have to modify it by mating the 987/997 type knob with a 986/996 type boot trim. This is what I did, and fitted a 987 knob to a 986 boot to put in my car:

Alternatively, you can buy them like this from a European retailer who does this for you at www.carnewal.com. Just click on their 996 section and interior page, and then you'll see all the different shifter knobs they offer. Or, you can even buy their 986 boot with the silver horseshoe trim and mate it to the 997 knob. That will work too.
Great information and thank you for your timely response! After a bit of research this morning, it appears your recommendation is the way to go. I sent the folks over at Carnewal an email and am awaiting their response. Again, thank you.
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote