View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 06:47 AM   #14
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradtan
I was thinking of ordering this. I'm actually online ready to click "Buy Now", then I amusingly remembered to ask the forum first. What do you guys think? It says it's for a boxster S, which I don't have. Mine is a base 01. It should still fit right?

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/4208_4211/products_id/23999
Before you click the "buy now" button, I would check with Vivid to make sure that they have it . For whatever reason, the Schnell strut braces from time to time are hard to get. And they are often out of stock with a lot of suppliers; especially the rear one .

In any case, as far as adding the rear brace is concerned, I stalled one for the same reason as the front; namely, to tighten things up and reduce body or "cowl shake" that is inherent with all convertible vehicles. However, in retrospect I would say that the addition of the front brace was far more significant at reducing this problem than the rear was. And I would agree with the forum members who indicated that the installation of the rear brace was tricky .

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 06-12-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote