View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #8
longislander1

I have to agree with Rail26 on this one. I made the sale easy for my dealership. I had already thoroughly researched the car and after a 15-minute test drive, I put down my deposit. You would think that for $60K, the salesman could have found the time to pick up the phone and let me know the status of the car. Porsche dealers don't sell so many cars in a month that they can't communicate with customers.

The dealer tries to absolve itself from any manufacturing delays, but I see the dealer and Porsche as one in the same. Porsche grants a license to sell the cars so both the manufacturer and dealer share responsibility for the way the customer is ultimately treated. If the car is delayed, the salesman should get on the phone (to Finland or Germany, if necessary) and find out what the heck is going on. Instead, I'm calling and messaging the PCNA regional manager and pushing her to get a status on the car. I'm doing the salesman's work and he's gonna get a fat commission for 15 minutes.

The PCNA rep says I should fill out the customer questionnaire and explain the whole experience. She said PCNA takes those "seriously." We'll see.

I'll keep you posted on how the delivery goes . . . whenever that happens!
longislander1 is offline   Reply With Quote