View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 03:40 AM   #4
landrovered

Garage
I would start by steering clear of any shop that claims to work on "Ferrari and Lambos" that you have never heard of.

For one thing there are not that many italian cars running around and the owners will go to the dealer or a select handful of indy shops.

I have a friend who really does operate an indy shop for Ferrari and Lamborghini (he would never call it a Lambo, that word applies to crap scissor doors that racer boys put on purple ricers).

He is Italian and was at the Lamborghini factory for several decades. He has more hours in the Diablo than any other human being. He is the real deal, he has actually worked on a Veyron that was sent to him by a Russian Oligarch. He used to live in the garage of the Sultan of Brunei for two years.

The point is...you could not get him to wipe your windshield for $950, it does not work that way. He deals with professional athletes, politicians, rock stars, wall street traders, wannabe players and underworld characters every day. You would not even get a Boxster in the door. Not that he is a snob, he just does not have time to mess with them.