View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #13
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclaningham
Have a 2004 tiptronic Boxster S. 3 years ago (20k miles) engine was replaced due to a "sheared bolt". Now I just towed my car (30k miles) with the same symptoms to the garage and fear it is the same thing. Symptoms = thrashing noise (like tree branches wrapped around the axle) and all the oil just poured out the car like a spigot. What are the RMS and IMS failures and which am I likely to have? Any tips on getting Porsche to replace the engine AGAIN (it's not under warranty now). I don't trust the dealer garage; it's with another mechanic for diagnosis now. Love my car, but this is too much!
I am in O.C. & don't know much north of LA but I can recommend Callas Rennsport in Torrance. 310-370-7038 It is worth your time to give them a call. Get the June issue of Excellance magagine & read the Tech Forum on page 129 about IMS failures written by Tony Callas @ Callas Rennsport he my be helpful in warranty advice for your engine. EBS racing@aol.com had a good price on a new engine$10,000 & good to deal with if you go that route. I do not recommend any of the local engines advertised as rebuilt. I would definetly contact the dealer that installed the engine to see what they will do for you.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote