View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Wingnut2u

Its too bad you had a negative experience.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with the RUF now RAC Performance. They have gone above and beyond what is expected in standing behind their product and work with me.

There are two sides to every story and I know that there were issues with the "motherland" and their inflexibility to adapt to changing market conditions and competition (i.e. pricing) in the US.

For example why spend $40k on a 986 3.4 RUF conversion when Jake Raby can do the same for almost half the price. The RUF price was dictated by the home office in Germany not by RUF-Dallas. I feel pretty safe in saying that there weren't too many engine conversions happening, nor was there very much RUF product being sold at the outrageous prices that they have to charge. The home office's attitude is "the RUF customer can afford it and will pay for it".

Well I'm not that customer and that kind of attitude doesn't work well with me.

I understand why RAC dropped their affiliation with RUF GMBH and RAC will continue to receive my business.