View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #17
idheaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
There is absolutely no way that one could fit an 11 inch wheel on a 986 boxster, let alone with a 315 tire. The Lemans wheel is also available in a 9.5 . Perhaps, someone is mistaken on the size.
Maybe they were 9.5s, I never actually measured his rear wheels but I can confirm without doubt that they were 19s and shod in 315s because I distinctly remember the $$$ signs that flashed in front of my eyes thinking about when the time came for him to replace the tires...

As to mistaken on size, my friend and the owner of the Boxster told me they were takes offs from a turbo (in the shop he was a technician) for a change to different wheels and that they were 11" wide. I know they were noticeably wider than the 18" Sport Designs I have on my car and I had no reason to doubt him.

It really makes no difference since the OP is more than likely not going to go this route anyway, I was just passing on some info I had. I apologize to the OP for the thread jack and any possible misinformation I might have passed on unintentionally to others, so in closing..... No, 19x11 wheels will not fit on your Boxster....