View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #9
jcb986

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbelton
Hi, why freak out the guy saying he has a cracked head? how can you be so sure, even more knowing he had a radiator replaced by a non porsche mechanic. It is rather related to refilling the system, could be the expansion tank cap, an air bubble, anything... but a cracked head... come on, don't be so alarmist, the guy is already freaking out.

He said, and I quote, "The temp was OK and there's no obvious leak on my driveway but it has lost nearly 2 thirds of the coolant in just a few miles, I'm hoping it might be an air in the system problem but I am no mechanic at all and have no idea what it is. No visible leak, then the coolant goes out the exhaust as vapor which will point to a cracked head. That is why I posted my message as written. Glad the bleeding worked instead of a cracked head.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote