View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yimmy149
I don't smoke either - but my radiator cavities seem to fill with butts quickly.

Getting a butt into the engine wasn't what I was worried about. If someone flicks a still-lit butt and it ends up ontop of a paper filter having massive amounts of oxygen pulled through it, it will catch the filter on fire.

I know the stock filter has foam on top of the paper, not sure if that would help or not.

-james
Thing is, the snorkel tube itself was not put in for the purpose of blocking out cig butts...the protruding lip on the painted air vent housing was put there to redirect objects over and behind the intake, so taking the snork tube out will not increase the risk of a cig butt going into the air filter housing. In fact, I have seen cig butts in the foam portion of the air filter even in cars WITH the snork still in place. If a cig butt is going to get in there, it will get in there regardless if the snork is in or not.

I've had my snork out for years without issues. I even took a dremel to the section left after pulling the snork out to smooth out and widen the hole since I didn't like the hard edges left in the opening after pulling the snork out. The sound is terrific, and my filter hasn't caught fire.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote