Thread: Stuck Light
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
deliriousga

That stick is the adjuster. Your head light assembly is probably cocked on the track that holds it. The whole light assembly comes out very easily in about 2-3 minutes. That's one reason to lock the car every time you leave it. There is a small tool in the spare tire kit that pops the lock from inside the front trunk. They show the tool in the user's manual. I'd post a pic, but our Boxster is stuck in my wife's office parking lot until I can replace the engine fan tomorrow.

I would try pulling it out, checking it and the track for damage and sliding it back in before you start adjusting the beam.

How to take it out:

Pull the inside wall covering on the left (driver's) side of the trunk away from the wall. I think there are two plastic screw type connectors that hold it on. There is a round, black plug that pokes out so you can grip it. Pull out the plug. Put the tool into the hole you just unplugged and turn it toward you (clockwise) and the whole light assembly will pop forward. You can slide it out easily when it is completely unlocked. When you go to put it back in, turn the unlocking tool back (counter-clockwise) a little. When you have it in the right position the assembly will slide back in easily. If it is still in the full unlocking position, the assembly does not slide back onto the track very easily. That may be why it is crooked.

I haven't adjusted my lights, but everything I've done on the Boxster has been pretty easy so I'd imagine it's not too difficult once you get the assembly out.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote