View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
ekam

Unhappy My engine is done as well. (2004 2.7L)

I had a simliar incident to jhandy on Monday... driving along the highway doing 120km/h and all of a sudden I lost power. Engine died while I lifted my foot off throttle. Pulled over and wouldn't start. No oil on the floor, no smoke, no strange noise (that's loud enough to be heard with the top down crusing on the highway.)

Long story short, after I got it towed to a local independant Pcar garage I heard the worst news today. Engine suffered catastrophic failure and requires complete teardown to find the actual cause.

Note on the invoice states "Check engine for no-start, engine cranks but does not start. Check fuel pressure and ignition - normal. Scan vehicle controllers for faults - none found at this time.

Remove spark plugs and perform engine compression test - 0 PSI results at all cylinders, suspect valve damage. Scope cylinders, found valve seats dropped, head damage noted, block and lower engine damage possible, requires dis-assembly."

I have 68,000KM on the engine, oil change was done just 3k ago. Owned it for just less than 2 years.

I'm making a few phone calls and preparing a letter to Porsche Canada.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote