View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 03:22 AM   #1
ElementAI

It is very disheartening checking new posts

I Joined this Forum to learn some tips and get info on these cars before taking ownership of a 2000 986 S with 44k on it this summer. Now I am really not sure I want to get it as every day it seems someone else is just driving along and suddenly it dies or dies at a light or CEL lights up and it is embarrassing to get a flatbed to tow it to a several thousand dollar repair or worse. I have driven the car twice and love everything about it. Takes me back to my '90 Miata that I loved for 4 years with zero repairs, top down more than it was up, grinning to all destinations.
ONLY the Box is like a very Grownup more serious car.

I want it to be as reliable as the 1994 Honda I still have with 186,000 miles and still runs strong and has had basic repairs like radiator, timing belt, one clutch and oil and tires.
Maybe I should go with my gut and not get it.... I cannot afford a new engine or having to upgrade tons of stuff right off. Expensive maintenance is not a problem but new engine is different.

Seems many are frustrated and selling them as they cannot deal with it anymore.

Checking new posts again......

Post has now changed as there is a problem with the car I posted it on page 2... I am being jinxed I think.

Last edited by ElementAI; 05-27-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Problem with car now posted to page 2 of this thread..
ElementAI is offline   Reply With Quote