View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 04:37 AM   #8
jcb986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmind
Thanks for the information as i decided to to a little investigating mechanics in the area andI think I found the one for me called Zims Autotechnik

He gave me a quote of around $400 if it needed new rotors and in the $200s if it didnt. He also quoted me$205 for the new spark plus.

I think the place I was at was really a high service level almost like a dealership. Thanks for the info its great to have a place to ask these questions.

In addition trust me...I'm handy man and cannot work on cars myself... Not my forte.
I did my 2000S for about $275...all 4 new Balo rotors and Mintex pads from Pelican Parts. Spark plugs are about $35. If you have mechanical know how, you can do it. If not, the guy sounds very reasonable. Be sure he is not buying cheap Chinese rotors. The Balo's and Zimmermans are German made. Mintex is a very good street pad. Padget and some other high price pads are more for guys who like to race.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote