View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Welcome to the club.

This weekend my brother and I completed a two day time trial at Buttonwillow in unusually cool conditions and both our front rotors are really warped when hot. My car has Balo rotors and his are OEM but they are equally thrashed. I doubt they could be turned out because the serious judder only happens after lap 2 (hot). It gets so bad that in heavy braking zones I can barely hang on to the car. Any good solutions for better rotors/better heat management for the fronts? We are running BSX cars that are just class legal weight (2950) with pagid yellow pads and SRF fluid. No noticable fade issues but really rough rotor judder under heavy braking as the session progresses. We do basic brake cool down lap and no E-brakes on track days.

Pagid yellows can sure take the heat but may be a poor match for our rotors. The veteran track guys I recently talked to use OEM/Zimmerman rotors with Raybestos ST-43 pads. They tell me it is a good working combination for track use but don't underestimate the importance of your cool down lap to get brake temps down B4 bringing her to the pits. Adding 996GT3 front brake ducts may also help. Any other ideas?