View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
mdimant

lower aux electric fan limit

Hi crew, I have had my '00 Box S now for a year and have done the initial group of mods I wanted to do & now desire to lower the operating temp. There's just no need for it to be so damn hot all the time all closed up in there, & I have found a 160 stat that is a plug & play made for 97-02 vettes. It's a Hypertech # 1014. Car runs cooler, but temp management is by t-stat only, without the assistance of the aux fans until it gets to 210+. The temp gauge is so bad but the hotest it gets is right @ the hot side of the 0 of 180, I beleive that to be about 210, & it now cruises just btw the 1 & the 8 of 180. I have installed catless headers (moved rear o2's behind rear cats), drilled the pipes (essentially deleting third baffel in stock muffler), installed a B&B underdrive pulley, and built a big fat 3.5" cold air intake that is awesome. So its breathing real well & sounds like a huge hornet when whomped, & I am pleased. I have also rebuilt-booted the cv's & need to get the ROW (rest of world) flash to avoid the cel's I asked for by deleting front cats & lower the aux cooling fan limits to manage the temp when i drive it like its stolen.

So my request is for help changing the limit settings of aux fans. Is that done by accessing the computer settings thru the PIWS system (or whatever its called!) or a replacement relay unit or what? Clutch is next. I will replace RMS @ that time with an updated one. I am currently using M1 75K+ (extended mileage formula) 10-40 oil to keep RMS issues quiet, but with 5-40 reg Mobil 1 it shows wet but not dripping. I read somewhere Cayene rms is the ticket.
Input is very much appreciated, I am capable, careful & study a bunch b4 I tear into it. but can't find how to set these limits. Thanks, Martin

2K 'S' Arctic/Blk 31K 18" Carerra Classic II Loads of options, I got lucky @ 15K$ Live near Seattle, but bought in So Cal, wheer the deals are!
mdimant is offline   Reply With Quote