View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
chaudanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless
Chaud,
I believe the GT3/Tarett sways will be a notch stiffer than your current setup even at full soft, both in terms of cornering stability and driver comfort. The big advantage is adjustability though. Every race track is different. If you can tune your car to make the most out of the two or three "money turns" that lead onto a straightaway it may be the difference between 1st and 5th place. On the street I am not sure they are worth the $1200 or so to add them along with the upgraded drop links you will need. In terms of raw lap times they may only be worth 2/10ths on a 2 min. lap.

I am not sure what your goals are though. If you want a mod that will transform your car for the same $$ I suggest you get a second set of wheels and comp tires. Angels will rain down from the heavens when you go canyon carving with your buddies on a set of R-comp tires. Just avoid standing water as they hydroplane easily. On the same 2 min. lap the R-comp tires may be worth 4-5 seconds. A lot more bang for the buck.

Good luck with your car whatever you choose.
Topless, thank you for the advice. I don't know how I missed your response, and I guess I got sidetracked with my own thread lol.

Has anyone else experimented with other front bar alternatives between the OEM GT3 bar, GMG, TRG, TPC, etc?

And, are the Tarett droplinks still the current preferred setup, or has anyone else produced something better lately?

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote