View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #14
Johnny Danger

Garage
I've experimented with several different exhaust configurations before choosing the final system for my 3.2 S. I found the following set-up produced the best results in terms of performance and reliability (keeping my vehicle OBD II compliant).
Here's my ditty:

1. A less restrictive, high quality after -market cat back exhaust.
2. By-passing/deleting the secondary cats (they're like having an extra set of thumbs).
3. Headers and cats that stick with the basic principles of the oem design, however, they incorporate longer, equal length primaries that flow into a merge collector, along with lower cell - high flow cats (something on the order of HJS 200 cell).

The final result yielded the following: No need to relocate O2 sensors, make bungs, chase CEL's, reprogram the ECU, or worry about emissions ! Excellent results in terms of improved power and performance. And perhaps equally important - great sound ! All this begs the question; who makes headers and cats that follow this design principle ? In all of my research and experimentation I discovered 2 companies that manufacture such a system. M&M exhaust in Germany ($$$$$$$$$$$$) who's products are imported exclusively by FVD/Brombacher and FabSpeed.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote