View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
2K3_Boxster_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King
thanks everyone, i appreciate the information. also, thanks for the heads-up on maxspeed - good to have a canadian vendor available (less shipping and duty for us canadians).

i'm not made of money, but i like to tinker. i'd save up for a performance exhaust if it provided benefit without detriment (torque loss at lower rpm). looking at the dyno results on the maxspeed website (NHP vendor) there doesn't appear to be a reduction in torque or power except for a bit of torque at 1800 rpm. otherwise a net increase.

those with experience in these things please advise - can you feel the torque loss at lower rpm? can you feel the hp gain otherwise?

dyno

thanks again.

ps - 2k3 - how do you like the shifter? i've read that b&m are too stiff; how does the schnell feel? is it the same unit that maxspeed sells for $99?
1. first to clear up the NHP thing. Maxspeed (NHP) designs and specs the materials to be used. They are actually assembled overseas. do I care where it is assembled? no. The welds and materials are quality and my exhaust fit perfectly. and I wouldn't call $2400 for an exhaust system very cheap.

2. I would have to rip my entire exhaust off put stock back on and dyno to give you a definitive answer as to lower rpm TQ loss. at the end of the day car Dynoed with an overall increase in HP & TQ. 246 HP 218 TQ. The car felt nothing but faster to me.

3. Schnell feels fine to me. super short throws, if thats what you like. Have not missed a gear since installed. Needs a minor adjusment as the ball that fits into the selector (side to side movement) is a little sloppy. My cousin is a machinist, since this part is screwed into the shifter he is going to remake it with tighter tolerance.

Apparently anything that's not made in Germany is automatically considered crap to everybody on this forum.

Take a look at the OEM shifter that comes from the factory in your Boxster. It's garbage and has more plastic in it than a Toys R Us. The bottom linkage will eventually fail and the shifter will pop out leaving you stranded until it is upgraded.

Guess what they don't make Porshe's the way they used to. Lots of crap parts now a days.