View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #14
23109VC

I'm the OP. Since that experience with Dr. Colorchip, someone hit my car in a p-lot, and as a result, I got a full front end repainting on their dime....

my car looked "ok" after the colorchip job. It was by NO means "new" looking, and even the photos I posted here in my original post look better than it did in real life. From 10' away the car looked great, but up close you could still see all the chips.... they had some paint in them, but they were still there, still looked like a chip..jsut an ocean blue chip... some of htem never filled in... for what I paid it was fine..

now that my car came out of the body shop - it looks phenomenal. It looks like a new car. the body shop i went to was a high class shop, and the results show. i paid a little extar out of my own pocket to supplement was ins covered to get more of the hood sprayed to cover up 99% of the rock chips.... they also did my center console for me for $300.... i did the R&R and they jus tpainted it. THAT looks amazing!!! with the top down...walking up to the car...looking in and seeing a big chunk of ocean blue against the black interior... awesome..that was money well spent...

overll - if you have an older car and want it to look like new again - there is no easy or cheap way. i got "lucky" by getting hit and getting it done for free...but having seen the results..if I could get this type of work done for about $500 it would be well worth it. i'd rather save the $80 you'll spend for dr. color chips job and just save up for the full respray of the front nose and the hood.

i also had my car professionally detailed and THAT made a huge improvement. the pro was able to get the little swirls, fine scratches, and imperfections to go away. the car looks gorgeous. it sure as heck looks a lot newer than the ten years old that it is!!

my advice is if you get dr. colorchip - be prepared to be underwhelmed and then you won't be disappointed. if you expect the "miracle" results they have on the website you will be somewhat let down. i kind of was. i was content with it, given how cheap it was...but now that I've seen what new paint will do - i vote you ge ta new paint job on the front end.

good luck!

here is mine after a total front respray.... and full detail... I love it!

now I just need litronics!!!

and the painted center console..

2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote