Thread: DTC's
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 04:32 AM   #5
RandallNeighbour

Hey, we're not scolding you... it's just surprising to me that you wouldn't take a flashing CE light very, very seriously.

What a technician would do would be to turn the key to the ACC position and put in a PST2 tool into the ODB and start reading fault codes before starting the engine and driving it around to get it to duplicate the codes. The last thing he'd want to do is trash the motor because he might lose his job over it.

The codes you're throwing are not just a fouled oxygen sensor (if this is indeed the case, by the way, you should replace all four, not just the one).

The 2nd and 3rd are codes you listed are not typical codes and I've not seen them posted by other members here on the forum. Hence, the strong words of concern for your current troubleshooting methods. You don't know LB or me well, but take our word for it when I say we've got your best interest at heart.

If I were you, I'd do some research on what those other codes mean and sort out the issues before you drive the car again.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote