View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
2K3_Boxster_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
2K3 Boxster S...are you running the stock wheel widths/offsets? I run 8 & 10 X 18 and wouldn't have any room or need for spacers, as my wheels fill the fender wells already..
yep, i'm running stock 18". Carrera lights. the ones that were a factory option for the 2003. I don't even know how wide they are. 18x9 maybe????

Check this out. it's a Porsche bulletin for the Boxster. This is funny.

Non-OEM Wheels/Bolts [grp4 9701 4407 3/4/97] 1pg
Use of aftermarket wheels or wheel accessories (spacers etc.) or non-OEM wheel bolts on Boxster vehicles is not approved.

Only the standard wheel bolts can be used to securely mount the wheels to the vehicle. Boxster wheel bolts with rotating spherical collars are a special design and made from a correspondingly selected alloy for compatibility with standard wheels.

Endurance tests have shown that conventional, commercially available non-OEM bolts can loosen when the car is driven, even if they were installed and tightened to the specified torque.

Eighteen inch wheels are not approved for use on Boxsters. Use of eighteen inch wheels on Boxsters under severe conditions may result in structural failures of the body and/or suspension.

If you use spacer's you will die. sincerely Porsche. drive safe.

Last edited by 2K3_Boxster_S; 05-04-2010 at 08:35 PM.
2K3_Boxster_S is offline   Reply With Quote