View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
sickbananas

track day-smoke

I have had the exact same problem with my 2000 boxster-s. I also run semi-slicks on my car. From what I have been told, it is mainly due to surge. On my local race track there are 4 right hand turns after one another. Then mainly after the last right hander on the straight I get a massive cloud of smoke on my gear change. The oil sits to the left of the flat engine and when horizontal again on the straight, it surges to the rights, thus creates a large amount to un-burnt oil and the smoke cloud is created.

My oil level was also very high. The dip-stick showed it on the max mark but the digital meter was over the max mark by one notch. After a session or two, the oil was slightly lower, and the cloud of smoke was decreased alot, almost to nothing.

I will next time make sure I am somewhere in the middle or maybe slightly over the middle of the dip-stick max and min mark.

If a deep sump kit can slove this problem, I will defenietly fit it to my car. Have you fitted one, and has it sloved the problem?
sickbananas is offline   Reply With Quote