View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
bigislandboxster

Hey Randall,
I'm in the process of redoing my whole system on my '98.....Pulled the amp, head unit, removed the existing connected wires running from the head unit to the amp(the worst part!), installed new speakers in the dash and doors without removing the stock grilles.....Tomorrow I mount the new amp and head unit and connect everything to the amp.....

Take it from me, if you want to make things easy on yourself, just get a new head unit and wiring harness for it, and wire the speakers up to it.....Unless you're going to upgrade with a new amp as well, its not worth the hassle.....The existing wiring configuration on the Nokia is pretty crappy, no info to tell you where input, output, or L and R speaker connections, its all by number on a plastic clip.....My CR220 head unit at least had input and output diagrams on the back....

Have fun pulling wires thru the existing grommets as well, the rubber grommets in the firewall had a tube extension on them, and they were packed tight with electrical tape inside of them as well.....7+ years of heat practically melted the tape and the rubber grommet together.....I had to slice the rubber grommet tube to get some of the wires pulled out that ran from the existing head unit...

Have fun! You'll get to know your car even better!

Work done '06 :Replaced bad hose and clamps from reservoir tank
oil change and filter
replaced seals on both cam covers
brakes bled and refilled
Replaced bent rear right lower control arm
Front air dams and 3 underbody panels replaced
Halogen headlamps replaced
bigislandboxster is offline   Reply With Quote