Thread: AC Groan
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
cut2muz

Studio City

Wow, this is sounding more like a day long job. Back in the day of the late 60s and early 70s US muscle cars we kids would tear them apart with reckless abandon. They were not complicated and not many computers and sensors, none really. If it smoked it was broke...ha. I cannot not begin to tell you of the cars I got rid of for nothing that today sell at auctions for 60-80 thousand US. Like a 1969 Camaro SS convertible. I sold it for 750 dollars and all that was wrong was the timing chain. Saw one on Speed TV recently sell at auction of 85 thousand!! If only I'd known...how often do we say that?

Steve, Studio City is basically in Laurel Canyon, an area a bit north of Los Angeles. It's the breeding ground of the 60s US rock and roll scene. Bands like Crosby Still Nash and Young, The Doors...Many of my neighbors are old rock legends and I used to play in some pretty big bands before my dive into the film industry. It's also known for the Charles Manson murders which happened not very far from here. We're up in the the hills so on days like today we can see the mountains clearly and the valley seems endless. Many of the pollution days it looks like fog.

Here's a link about our neightborhood:
http://www.laweekly.com/2006-06-15/news/back-to-the-garden/

If I'm right, you're an Aussie? Love love your country...and the girls....(gotta hide this from the spousal unit!)

Thanks for all you knowledge Steve. Hope I can return the deed one day.

Cheers,
Don

2000 Boxster S
1993 NSX-nicely modified and beautiful
2001 CLK 55
2000 Jeep for camping and astronomy
Craving a new Speedster!
cut2muz is offline   Reply With Quote