View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:52 AM   #10
jwade

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwoodburn
I have seen your video before. Sounds great and I have no question that they would sound good on my car

Did you do the install? If so, how did it go and how does it fit? Are my eyes not deceiving me that the Fabspeed pipes are not bent the same as factory pipes? Does this cause the pipe to come unusually close to anything that could possibly have a problem with the heat of the exhaust? I know it is very tight under there and I am kind of worried about how close they come to hitting something or if heat is an issue.
I had my dealer do it because I'm friends with the GM and they are pretty good to me overall. They pipes installed fine and do not cause any problems with regard to heat / exhaust. Actually they really clean up the area. The stock secondarys are huge and heavy, so you're going to pick up some weight savings getting rid of them.

I suppose you could have somebody fab you a set if your tight with a pipe shop, but they need to be familiar with the mandrel bending process and welding of stainless steel.

There is no one with that ability where I live, plus I'd rather pay a little more for sound and security knowing that there is a warranty in place if a weld cracks where you will have to provide a triangle flange to mate back up to the headers.

Fabspeed's products, although perceived as expensive here by some, are high quality with great customer service and warranty to back it up.

I learned a long time ago that you get what you pay for, and this company delivers.

I wish their headers were a little more cost effective and I would have done the entire deal, but I like turbowerx ones better and will go that route at some point....just need to do them and get a row reflash when you install to get rid of the cel's.

Jon

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote