View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #1
savoir-faire

Amber eradication

Hi all,

My first post...been lurking around for a while and appreciate all the info this board has to offer. I have a new to me 2000S on the way and am interested in updating the amber markers to clear. I know a lot of you guys have done this given the references in posts I've read. However, I haven't been able to find a good thread that outlined the best source and type of markers to buy. I was wondering if you all could suggest:

- Best replacement brand to choose (OEM, someone who makes something similar?).

- Best source to purchase from. I see a lot of stuff on Ebay, but a lot of it looks like "frankenstein" brand.

- Typicall price I should expect for tails, sides, and headlights. Can you do lenses only for headlights, or is that a more substantial upgrade (pardon my ignorance on this one)?

- I am not super-technically inclined. Is this something I can do myself? I am capable of unplugging/plugging wiring harnesses and using a screw driver. What price should I expect a shop to charge for the upgrade.

Also, if anyone can recommend a great shop in LA for services and other misc work, that would be great. I'd like to change the oil immediately once the car lands. I live in the west hollywood area.
savoir-faire is offline   Reply With Quote