View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 06:11 AM   #26
Bobiam

I really like the concept of the UDP, but it's difficult to determine the right one to install.

We're debating dampened vs not dampened. Although Jake is interested in developing a dampened pulley, the one that he's been selling (now out of stock) is not dampened. I've looked over the BBI and the RSS and they do not appear dampened (per photos) and I can't find descriptions to say one way or the other. Dampening is adding a complexity, a cost, weight and perhaps a failure point, so I'd say, if you don't need it, don't do it.

Next, there is % underdrive. BBI says 16%, Jake's people said they weren't sure, and RSS is 15%. I'm sure that you can only do so much underdrive % on a street use car before something doesn't work right. But which something, and what affect will that have (electronics, cooling, power steering at idle)? I'd stay on the conservative side on this issue!

On the other hand, contributors to this forum have shared success stories, so far.

My mind is not made up yet!!!!! Need more info.

Bob

Last edited by Bobiam; 04-27-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Bobiam is offline   Reply With Quote