View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 06:10 AM   #4
boxster6354

Garage
I have just completed replacing the plugs, tubes and oil rings along with oil and brakes/rotors.

I thought I had an oil leak from either IMS or cam cover but after I had it up on stands I found it was a couple of oil rings leaking.

My opinion as the car was already up on stands and I felt the need to replace anything I could at the time so I replaced all plugs, tubes and oil rings along with oil / filter and brakes / rotors. While I had it up and doing all I also painted the rotors.

The tubes were a bit difficult but found a tool that is used to pull old brake springs that worked great, I did try Pedro's boat plug but that only worked on one tube.

I am not at all a mechanic but with viewing posts here along with pedro's website and of course my "Spiritual" assistance from Randall Neighbour I was able to complete all with no issues and car runs great and idle is so smooth!

Will post my experience and photos once back to the states, and as always as other available to assist in any way I can.

Travis

I would recommend to replace all you can if you have the time and money while it is on the stands.

Currently in Bali on a get away so can not post photos, but very proud of everything and the car no longer has that little drip and runs great.

Also it is a 2000 base and did need break pads and spark plugs, but it seems once you start you can not stop;-)

Just only advice is to plan your job then order all required parts and work your plan.

Kudos to this forum, Pedrosgargage.com and Randal.
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote