View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #11
JAAY

Agreed the weight is what makes these things dealable... Supposedly 2.5's are 300lbs less than the S due to sound deadening and such stuff...

Stephen.

The motor being in a different chassis does not change the performance capabilities of the motor. What I am saying is that on a 996 the exhaust does not work this way. It does not have the same back pressure. I have had every exhaust under the sun on the car. Some may have been better performers than stock BUT I can't talk in my car on the highway with the drone. I just wish I could use one of the aftermarkets with my 3.4 I know that I would be able to tune some more power out of it. I have the car running great at 12.5 :1 right now. I have some FVD bypass pipes on the way soon too. I will retune after I get them on. I think that there is just some good power to be had if you have the tuning capabilities and a flow through exhaust especially on a 3.4..
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote