View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
John Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944boy
Something seems fishy... I have hit range 5 (OOOPS!) but did not get into 6. The fact there is only 1 ignition in the last 3 ranges seems highly improbable. That means you hit over 9,000 rpm for less than 1/150th of a second. there should be more in the rest of the ranges if someone truly hit range 6.

I have heard of accounts of over-revs listed on cars strait from the factory. I would get a written statement from the dealer stating that they would honor the warranty with those listed over-revs. Honestly, its not that bad. I've got over 80K on my 05 with no problems past needing a motor mount.

-Greg
Yeah, it is odd - it just seems improbable that there could be a solitary ignition in each of the last three rev ranges. Plus, if it did happen, it happened about 5000 miles ago judging by the hour # and # of total miles and hours on the car, and everything is fine. The car seems strong to me...
And yet, I looked at another CPO 05 S today with 54,000 miles, and it had almost identical # of ignitions in range 1, and zero in each of the rest.

I think the bottom line is that this issue will not be determinative of which car I buy.
John Y is offline   Reply With Quote