View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #4
Pilot2519j

Thumbs down Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBoxster
Not to be a killjoy, because I know the Michelins are great tires, but I'll never put another of that company's products on any of my cars thanks to the fiasco I wated my time and money on at Indy last week.
Man i feel your pain I went to the Grand Prix du Canada and it was great! Must say that the Renault right now are way over the curve. They took off like rockets and left everyone else behind. Reliability caught up to them and Alonso crashed into the wall of champions and that was it. Schuey made it close at the end when the Bridgestone finally kicked in. Another few more laps he would have passed him.
The issue with the tires and F-1 is unique. I would like to know what was Michelin thinking when their tires could not hack it. Oh Bridgestone lets put a chicane to slow the race down so i can race with my inferior tires. FIA did right in not bending the rules but this should have been done before hand not at race time. Everyone there deserves a refund for the tickets plus lodging plus a big fine levied against Michelin. It is a shame Michelin did this. So harmful to the sport that is trying to get into the mainstream of car racing here.