View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
EricR

99 Boxster rear trunk wet after rain

Hi everyone. I was writing in hopes of finding a solution to the above problem. After a rain, the rear trunk is pretty wet. Today there was a small pool near a rear tail light. I've checked the gasket running around the trunk, and all is well there.

The wetness seems to concentrate on the sides of the trunk, and especially in the back near the tail lights. The design looks like it's intended to allow rain in between the top of the trunk gap, adjacent to the convertible arm/engine cover, then flow out and drain at the spoiler. I just can't seem to see where the rain is draining in to the trunk. While I don't think it's a clogged drain issue, I don't honestly know exactly where they're located. The inside of the trunk lid gets wet too, though I'd assumed that was due to the overall moisture caused by the leak.

I'd be forever grateful if anyone has any insight into this problem. And I apologize if this has been addressed in the forums - I didn't find it. If so, can you paste the link? Thanks again. I don't want to have to move to a desert.
EricR is offline   Reply With Quote