View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
dallison

neighbor bought a speed yellow 996

The mrs. and i purchased our 1st home in a middle middle class neighborhood where you see more kias and ford taurus' than foreign cars and certainly no other porsches.
We for some unknown reason live below our means and sometimes live in these areas. It is decent and pretty clean in most parts of the development. Great 1st home for young people and great lifetime dream for trailer park or even older people who want a small house.

We have a 99 es300, 97 integra and 01 4runner that stand out and look a little out of place with the other minivans and such.

I bought my 02s last winter and have enjoyed it immensly. It more than the other cars sticks out like a sore thumb, not that i care, but i can almost hear the sneers and whatever.

A neighbor who has had a vette and a sweet sounding cobra that wasn't more than a few years old stopped by last year and was admiring the boxster.

He mentioned that he has always wanted to own a porsche, but hasn't yet.

fast forward to a couple weeks ago, i notice this yellow 996 with aero package with a droning loud exhaust passing through and go up to the end of his cul de sak. i didn't pay much attention but i do remember the neighborhood kids walking in that direction.

So i hear and see it this morning and my curiousity got the best of me. It was my neighbor.

I didn't find it too odd that he bought a porsche but a yellow porsche. I know there are people who really like yellow porsches but why another one in my neighborhood? Not jealous, but intrigued. I get along with him but we talk once or twice a year, at least we have something in common now.
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote