View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
Dystopius

thanks for the welcome.

actually i wasn't throwing digs at tip owners, i meant the opposite: that maybe i should have reconsidered now that i have begun experiencing the 5 speed on this car which is unlike all the others. it seems as though it's somehow less forgiving of error in the heel-toe balance. i dunno. guessing will just take time to perfect. i have deep respect for the machine, just not so confident in MY abilities!

unfortunately there is no way i could do brake or clutch work. i'm the type of guy who feels a rush of pride in being able to tell the radiator from the air filter. giving someone a jump without electrocuting myself ranks as a Major Accomplishment. i owned a tt years ago for a couple years and never once looked under the hood. just didn't care. maybe that's just weird of me!

the clutch feels stiff. in my limited experience that means it's got plenty of life, no? at any rate i asked the mechanic to id any possible issues and preventive steps so i'll know later today.

thanks for the heads up on the speedo being what we in the pc industry euphemistically an "undocumented feature". now that i know i'll just ignore it, i can get over that ;-)

if i can ask one last stupid question (and i think the answer is obvious but maybe not) if you're driving in the power band at all times, that 3-5k zone, doesn't your mpg average plummet? filling from empty here in the northwest is now closing in on the $50 tab but yeah, yeah i know. this is the bed i made.
Dystopius is offline   Reply With Quote