View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #77
FMThayer

2000 Boxster S, 34K miles, 6 Spd, Silver & Black

I absolutely love mine & in my opinion the 986 Boxster is one of the prettiest cars, Porsche or otherwise, ever made & will never grow old on me.

I would've been content without the S, but am enjoying all the extra S bits. If you're on the fence on buying a Boxster...don't hesitate, find a clean, well maintained one & you'll not regret it.

Some misc thoughts -The interior actually smells just like my '83 911 SC, the 6spd shifts flawlessly, the 3-spoke wheel looks tight, & I'm quite happy with the factory DSP stereo. The Connelly Hide Food has also made the seats very supple again & they're very comfy for my 6'2" frame. Porsche just did a phenomenal job setting up this car & you can tell it only weighs 2,850 lbs. And 250 HP is plenty for this rig on public roads.

The maintenance I've done so far was very straigtforward too; Oil & filter change, new spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter & cabin air filter. I ran some BG44K through the gas tank to help clean up the injectors, valves, etc. It just flat rips now & I'll see what she'll do up at Laguna Seca next month.

Best of all, my insurance hardly increased and there are some excellent deals on Boxsters out there, so good luck to anyone searching for their next one.
FMThayer is offline   Reply With Quote